One more Wednesday….one more planned terrorist attack…..once again hundreds of people killed and injured….once again our countrymen are face-to-face with fear…look at the pictures below….look at the face of the common man, totally shocked by the happenings, feeling totally helpless and frustrated….people say that the ‘Spirit of Mumbai’ will show up again and that everyone
will get back to their normal lives soon…But the question is, WHY adjust to the situation and give the losers from across the border a feeling of assurance and confidence that whatever they do will be tolerated??! WHY do the police and special security forces have to keep losing their lives fighting bloody wars against terrorists??! People watch news channels for minute-by-minute updates, thanking God that none of their relatives were hurt- and after a week, forget about the entire issue…only until another huge catastrophe happens, thanks to a few $%^&-heads from the neighbouring country. Tomorrow it might be Bengaluru, or Delhi, or Chennai…who knows, you might be walking down your favourite street
shopping for your friend’s birthday-and the next moment- BANG! – half the people around you are lying down dead. This thought has been disturbing me for the last two days; and what is more disturbing is that these attacks have been happening more frequently than ever before. Look at the photo of one of the
terrorists responsible for the shootouts. He has this unemotional look on his face as he moves out of CST station to CAMA Hospital, to kill more people there. He and his partner are heavily loaded with ammunitions and grenades to carry out massive attacks. Some of his accomplices have taken hostages in the Taj and the Trident Oberoi hotels, mainly occupied with foreign nationals. This brings out a lot of questions :-
- Were this attacks aimed indirectly at America? It is said that Al Queda might have masterminded the bombings and shootouts at the 5-star hotels, and it was planned in such a way that it happened during daytime in the US.
- Was this an issue of intelligence failure again?
- Are certain corrupt citizens involved? How can one allow terrorists with heavy ammunitions and weapons to enter into the country?!
- Was this a way to thwart foreign investments coming into the commercial capital of India?
- Will Pakistan ever grow up and own up??!
I leave these questions to be answered by you all. I’m sure there will be a lot of opinions and issues coming up here. But the bottom-line is, something HAS to be done in order to ensure national security. These terrorists should be made known that we are NOT going to allow them to ruin the peace within our country!